Eva has not been sleeping well lately. She has been very clingy and has been waking up in the middle of the night to crawl into bed with me.
Last night, I wasn't there when she woke up. She made her way to the living room and stood there bawling. I swept her into my arms and sat down on the floor with her, holding her tightly, close to my heart.
I asked her what was wrong. Did she have a bad dream? Did something scare her?
Yes. The dinosaurs scared her.
Oh dear. Darn you dinosaurs! Where did you come from? Why are you here? Is it just to torment my precious baby girl? (and myself?!) No, No Dinosaurs! That's not nice! You get out of my Eva's head and go back to whatever crevice or storybook or movie you came from!
I was able to get her calmed down relatively easily and we went back to bed, read 'The Bunny Book' and both fell asleep.
Tonight, she fell asleep fairly easily. One story, no protests at me leaving the room, no screaming at the door for me to come lay down with her, nothing! I am hoping that this will continue, but, honestly, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment