Thursday, November 20, 2008

*sigh*

Well, at 4:30 this morning, I heard Eva climb out of bed and go to the door. I called to her, but she left and closed the door. I waited a few minutes and when she didn't come back, I got out of bed to look for her.

I opened the bedroom door to find her standing in the middle of the next room, sobbing. The same as the night before. I can only assume that she didn't realize that I was laying mere feet away from her and that she just assumed I wasn't there last night because I wasn't there the night before.

I don't recall all of the details, as I was still half asleep, but I think I asked her if she was scared and she said yes. I'm not sure what to do. Is she saying yes because I mentioned it even though she hadn't even thought about it? If I ask her what's the matter, she just keeps sobbing, but if I give her something to think about, she calms down. I don't want her to be thinking about being scared, though!

If it happens again tonight, we will try something different. Maybe I'll ask her if she saw the butterflies. Something completely random just to catch her off guard. My hypothesis is that it will either make her stop and think about why I'm asking her that, or it'll just make her sob more because I don't know what I'm talking about.

We'll see, we'll see.

No comments: